Sunday, February 19, 2012

Who is my audience?

When I am writing a blog on sparkpeople.com I know who my audience is.  It is a bunch of people who have at least one thing in common with me.  We are all trying to change our lives to become healthier people.  But what is the common bond I have with the people who are reading this blog?  Where is my audience coming from?

Are you a parent trying to raise your children in a Godly home?  Yep!  That's me!
Are you a child of parents who are fighting physicial limitations?  Yep!  That's me, too!
Are you a spouse struggling with your role in life?  Yep!  That's me!

Well if any of those fit the situation that you are living in then you will probably find at least 1 blog on here that will speak to you.  Why is that you might ask?  Well I am so glad you asked.

My name is Lyndsay.  I am a mother to a 8 month old little girl who has started to stand all by her self.  (Well not really but she can stand up from a sitting position if you hold her hands.) I promise a lot of my blogs will be about life with her and how I will NEVER let her out of the house by her self when she is a teenager.  I am also the daughter of 2 people who both suffer from physical limitations.  My father is a diabetic with massive vision loss in his left eye.  This means he can't drive at night and he can't drive the highway so I am his designated driver when he has to go out of town.  Why is that you might ask?  Well that's because my mother is morbidly obese and she is wheel chair bound at her own house.  I help out around their house every week and it can become taxing.  However there are bound to be a few funny stories that come out of it.

I am also on Disability due to Bipolar disorder and PTSD. I struggled with misdiagnosis Bipolar for 2 years because no one took me serious.  They thought that I was too intelligent to have a serious enough condition to warrant placing me on disability.  I was even told at one point that because I asked my doctor what a drug he was putting me on would do to my chances of having a child before he put me on it proved that I was stable enough to hold down a job.  If you have ever struggled to get SSDI, trust me I do understand and some of what I write about is a direct link to that subject.

My husband has been unemployed for almost a year now.  Is it tough?  YES! But we have God on our side.  Now trust me when I say that I am not delusional (ok maybe I am a little) We have our ups and downs all the time and it causes a lot tension in our house.  We are together 24/7 and it drives us nuts.  We have finally managed to understand the need for each others own personal space and time.  So if you are struggling in this economy to provide for your family I understand and a lot of my posts will be about that topic!

So that's me!  In a nut shell at least.  I really hope that you stick around and get to know me a little better.  I love meeting new people and hopefully I will have a topic that someone will want to read.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your blog Lyndsay! I love how real you are in your blog! I can't wait to read more of your postings!

    ReplyDelete